Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Homemade Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches

IMG_6871

This isn’t a revolutionary recipe. So why haven’t I made them sooner? Years ago I bought this tool to make ice cream sandwiches. It was in a fundraising catalog to help my niece’s school. And I just used it for the first time last month. Why did I wait to make these yummy treats? They were perfect for family night.

Homemade Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
even number of cookies
your favorite ice cream
plastic wrap
ice cream cookie tool

ice cream cookie collage
Just take your favorite homemade cookie (Store bought ones work great too!) and place it inside your sandwich maker. Scoop in some of your favorite softened ice cream and top with another cookie about the same size. Push the cookie together. I like putting it back in the freezer and pulling it out in 15 minutes or so. (Perfect in the morning as I had dishes to unload and plenty to do around the kitchen) Then drop it on some plastic wrap and wrap it up. Put it back in the freezer. And repeat. Pull them out a couple hours later and enjoy!

IMG_6859
Imagine the possibilities!
Chocolate Chip Cookie with Chocolate Ice Cream…
Mint ‘n Chip Ice Cream with Chocolate Cookies…
Snicker doodles with Vanilla….
Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Ice Cream.
I even thought about rolling the ice cream in sprinkles, but I like to reduce unnecessary  sugar with my diabetic son. But they would look darling! Great for parties, holidays, or family nights. The first Sunday of the month is Cookie Night. A great idea we got from some of our favorite friends. We make cookies and invite others over. It’s a great way to fellowship and make friends. I love taking extra cookies from Sunday and making these bad boys for family night.  Hope you enjoy!!!
Some of these items are affiliated links. You are welcomed to buy from anywhere. But I don't mind if you buy them from here. I only share items I really like or use. Thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment