Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Mint Oreo Ice Cream Recipe



Our family bought an ice cream maker at this awesome Thrift Store in Mesa, Az. It was only $7! I LOVE ice cream. And homemade ice cream is perfect for our Summer Fun List. We decided to make Oreo Mint first. I love Oreo's! You could go really crazy and use Mint Oreo's as well! Our family loves buying Oreo's in bulk at Sam's Club. It's also where I buy our whipping cream. So much cheaper! 

Oreo Mint Ice Cream

1 1/4 c milk
1 1/2 c sugar
1 T vanilla extract
4 c heavy whipping cream
1 tsp peppermint extract
2 rows of Oreo's

Scald milk until it bubbles from around the edge of the pan. Remove from heat and add sugar and salt. Stir until dissolved. Stir in whipping cream and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove and add peppermint extract. You could also add green food coloring, but I prefer to not have extra dyes in my food. (Unless it's Read Across America Day or St. Patrick's) Pour in ice cream maker and follow manufacturers directions. I like to layer my ice and ice cream salt. After about 30 minutes add crushed Oreo's. Return your ice cream to the freezer. I like it to be in there for a couple of hours, but my hubby prefers it softer. Enjoy!

recipe adapted from Rival 






In case you need a good ice cream maker, seeing I bought the last one from 360 Thrift, you can check out the link above. 


Some of these items are affiliated links. You are welcomed to buy from anywhere. But I don't mind if you buy them from here. I only share items I really like or use. Thanks for your support!




No comments:

Post a Comment