Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Tips for Making Star Wars Pancakes using Pancake Molds


IMG_8199
As a Star Wars family these pancake molds were the perfect thing! They are perfect for Father’s Day, birthdays, May the 4th be with you… days, or anytime you want to add some fun to your day. Making them is pretty straight forward but I have found some tips when using pancakes mold that I wanted to share with you.
The Recipe.
It really helps to have a very liquidy recipe when using pancake molds. I have played around prefer the one listed below.
IMG_7998

Padme’s Pancakes
(Isn’t it that a fun name for a recipe. I’m sure that if she didn’t {SPOILER} die of a broken heart she would have used this recipe of mine to make these for little Luke and Leia)
2 cups of sifted flour
1 tsp salt
2 Tblsp sugar
4 tsp baking powder
2 eggs, mixed well
3 cups milk
6 Tbsp butter, melted
Preheat griddle. Sift dry ingredients together. Combined all other ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Slowly add your sifted ingredients.

IMG_8175
Tools Needed

I love using the griddle my mom got for me. Sometimes I will use a regular frying pan, but the griddle is so flat and distributes the heat so nicely. I know, clearly I need better cook ware. I put my griddle on medium heat before I start collecting my tools. Make sure to spray your molds pretty well. Your pancake batter should be easy to pour into your squirt bottle because we are using a very liquefied recipe.
IMG_8178

Once your mold is on your preheated griddle go ahead and squirt that batter in. I try and do the face first. It’s best to work quickly for an even looking face. And some molds are easier than others. Once it starts to look a little set I use my spatula to outline the mold. I will lift (carefully because it is hot) the mold a little as I do this so it will fall out nicely. Go ahead and flip your pancake over.
IMG_8185
Continue re-spraying your molds as needed. And use your awesome spatula to remove any pancake fluff that can get stuck to your molds. It takes a little time, but when you see your little Jedi’s face light up with happiness it is all worth it. If you are running really late you can just make a regular pancake and punch out a face. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
IMG_7999
May the Force we with you!

Feel free to check out our other Star Wars Posts (and here)

Some of these items are affiliated links. You are welcomed to buy from anywhere. But I don't mind if you buy them from here. I only share items I really like or use. Thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment