Friday, February 27, 2015

Kristin's Enchiladas





Years ago my dear friend and co-worker from the salon I use to work atKristin  shared her yummy enchilada recipe with me. It's a family favorite. Truthfully my hubby would rather our enchiladas were made with red sauce, ground beef, and flour tortillas. But I love green sauce and chicken. And I am making them. So our children are brought up on green sauce enchiladas.

When I first made these my hubby asked what all the green stuff was. I told him cilantro, which is true. But there is also spinach. I love that this recipe has extra greens in it. And is still super tasty. Eventually my hubby found out about the spinach. But there is cilantro in it as well (Yum!) So what I told him was true. From a certain point of view.

Gandalf loves this. Probably his 2nd favorite meal, after pizza of course. And Draco loves this too. And he even eats the spinach now, instead of picking it out. He has come so far. I'm sure your family will love this meal as well.




Kristin’s Chicken Enchilada’s

Ingredients:
5 chicken breasts, boiled and shredded. (Use the paddle attachment on your Kitchen Aid. It works great!)
1 block cheddar cheese, grated (Sometimes I cheat and use the pre shredded cheese)
1 block Monterrey Jack Cheese, grated
1 bag of spinach
Las Palmas medium green sauce (The best!)
18 corn tortillas, fried
½ white onion chopped
½ bunch of cilantro




Layers in a 9x13 pan
1.      Sauce
2.    6 tortillas
3.   Chicken (1/2 of it)
4.   Spinach (1/2 of it)
5.   Cheeses (about 1/3)
6.   Onions (1/3)
7.  Cilantro (1/3)

Repeat 1-7 starting with the sauce, and top with cheese.

Cook at 350* for 30 minutes. Allow at least 10 minutes to cool. Add avocado or sour cream if needed…




The fried tortillas make this dish extra amazing. And I love how you layer the ingredients. It saves so much time. Sometimes I'll make an extra one and freeze it as well. If you need a guacamole recipe to top it off check out my favorite one here.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment