Monday, February 16, 2015

Valentines 2015


Our family had a wonderful Valentines Day. We started our day with our traditional breakfast: heart shaped pancakes. We used the recipe from Cooking Classy here. This is the first year I made the cream cheese glaze and it was a big hit! Our boys wanted more pancakes and we made them share things that they love about our family before taking more. It was great focusing on things we love.


Do you spy a diabetes test kit?

She brings our family so much joy!!!
Our day consisted of taking baby girl's 1 1/2 pictures and playing at the park. We came home and the brothers played nicely while baby girl and I got a nap. We then made cookies, played video games, (rooms were clean!), and played a Scattergories Valentine edition. Our afternoon snack was the yummy Cupid Floats from Somewhat Simple. Dad worked hard on homework while we played all day. so we took him up a float as well.

They give it three thumbs up!

That night I gave the boys special Valentines before our fancy dinner. The kids love having dinner by candle light. Every night we share our favorite thing from that day. I think it was mostly Minecraft and cupid floats that day.


Baby girl loved getting flowers from her daddy. She wanted to keep holding them. Daddy sure loves his little Valentine!!! Thanks for letting me share. I hope you had a great day filled with love and thoughtfulness! I love the saying love is spelled T-I-M-E. Making time for those who are dear to us is always worth the sacrifice. I am thankful Valentines was on a Saturday this year. I could be with my family all day. And because we had Monday off, we pushed our work off till then. Days are extra special when we carve out a little time to play with our kids or serve someone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment