Saturday, March 28, 2015

Women's Conference


Tonight was the General Women's Conference. It is always uplifting to attend. (If you missed it you can click on the link above to catch it)

This marks 100 years since the inspiring revelation that we should hold Family Home Evening, or FHE. (Every Monday night we gather as a family and teach our children truths and eat treats)

This idea has blessed my family so much. As we gather to study and learn, though sometimes we just share a short story, we grow closer together and closer to God. We bond and laugh as we share and eat treats after. I am so thankful for a living prophet. I am thankful for families. And I am thankful for a Heavenly Father who teaches us how we can strengthen our families.


The messages tonight encouraged me to keep focusing on strengthening my family. Seeking the spirit is crucial so I can be guided on how to protect my family. And am I setting a good example? Do my children know I delight in motherhood? Am I raising my sons and daughter and teaching them about the most important roles they will have when they get older? 

I loved the message about helping and supporting each other in what ever circumstances we are in. We can seek the spirit to know how to help others maybe even being an answer to their prayers. I hope we can encourage and support each other in our moments of sorrows and joys.

I am thankful for families. I am thankful for revelation. And I am thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment