Saturday, March 7, 2015

Celebrate Pi Day!!!


Math is not my favorite. But years ago we started celebrating Pi Day and we love this tradition. Every March 14th (Get it? 3.14 PI ) we celebrate by making and eating yummy pies. The first year we made a Lemon Meringue pie with the Wolf Scouts working towards Achievement 8. Pot Pie is usually on our menu for dinner. Or pizza pies. Either are delicious.

Even though only one of my children truly understands Pi in a math sense everyone loves this holiday. And eventually my kids will be in math class and realize how smart their mom is. (Just maybe not in math ;) Check out these yummy pies below. Some of them are on my list of need to make! You can follow me here on Pinterest for more ideas...



Source Kevin and Amanda
Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Oreo Pie

How could you not want to eat this pie with all these yummy ingredients mentioned in the name? I made this for my last birthday and it was amazing!

Source My Creative Stirrings
Frozen Samoan

Love ice cream! Love Girl Scout cookies! I would love this!

Source Lauren's Latest
The Pie That Got Me Married

This Pie looks amazing. And the story behind it is even cuter. I love food with a story.

Source Cooking Classy

Mud Pie

I love mud pies! Chocolate mousse and Oreo crusts are my favorite!
Source Skip to My Lou

Ice Cream Pie with Oreo Crust

I love Mint! And this super easy pie would be yummy and quick to make.
 


Source Cookies & Cups

Smore's Pie

I am a sucker for S'mores! I love marshmallows and graham crackers with chocolate.

Source Averie Cooks
Samoas Cookie Pie

This pie looks yummy! My oldest boy and I love Samoas, or Caramel Delights. He noticed a Girl Scout came to our house and asked about her. I told him I told her "Get off our lawn, We only support Cub Scouts here!" He said, "Really?" I love that I can still tease him. 

Source A Family Feast
A Toll House Cookie Pie

I pinned this awhile ago and I still need to make it. Doesn't it look yummy?
Source This Gal Cooks
Best Ever Banana Pudding Pie

You may have noticed most of these pies have chocolate. I'm not a really big of fruit pies. I like fruit, but I like them separate. But my husband would love it if I made this. He loves Bananas and vanilla pudding. So if you are like my sweet hubby this might be the pie for you!


Source Sally's Baking Addiction 
Salted Caramel Apple Pie

My Hubby's favorite Pie is Apple Pie. And I love Salted Caramel and Sally's blog. So this might be the best pie to compromise. I usually make apple pie in the fall, but this pie is so beautiful it might be the perfect Pi Pie. 

I love how traditions can bring a family closer together. My kids love this yummy tradition. I hope you can make time to make or even buy a pie on 3.14

One year I was pregnant with baby girl and not feeling my best. I made a pudding pie and topped it off with some whip cream. And it worked just fine. 



What Pie are you making this Weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment