Monday, January 26, 2015

New Gallery Wall

I'm so excited and happy to finally have pictures in my front room. Pictures make my heart happy! Especially pictures taken by my favorite photographer Shari Hanson.She has been taking our photos since 2008 which means I have a nice selection from her through the years. All the pictures shown are her work.



It's always hard for me to know what pictures to keep up and which ones to switch out. I love the one from Gandalf's baptism and I cant imagine not having that one up. Maybe when he turns twelve and gets the priesthood. Or maybe his mission picture might replace it. My good friend Julie (I have like at least 5 amazing friends named Julie) taught be you can't just decorate with all pictures. You need a variety of textures and a variety of types of decor. It made me a little sad, but I do love the look it gives. She actually gave me those cute bird plates on the top. I have been trying to the past 5 years to add variety to my walls and shelves. 

family time is the funnest!

I also chose different prints form our 2012 family shoot with Shari because I planned our photo color schme around the yellow in my home. And I love the large family print even though it doesn't have baby girl because it's such a great shot.  It shows our family un-posed. Shari told everyone to tickle each other in this shot. I thought we were just suppose to tickle the kids. 

The large black and white photo of Hubby and I kissing is from 2008. I love the brick and wood and denim in this black and white picture.  Shari chooses such fun places to shoot. We told her we were up for anything. This shot is from an alley in Huntington Beach beside a dumpster. The image above is in Balboa. Plus this picture of us is good for my kids to grow up with pictures of mom and dad kissing.


I am more in love with him than ever!

I was really excited to get this side table for only $3!!! After a little grey chalk paint it looks so great next to my favorite chair. My dear friend Wayne gave me this amazing yellow chair in 2008. It's gorgeous and one of my favorite pieces. (He has also given me two dressers that my kids use in their bedroom. He has great taste. We worked together in Orange County and he does amazing hair if you are looking for a stylist check him out here) I love the books I was able to find and my little succulents that I hopefully won't kill.



This dresser I received from a dear friend Omera in 2012. It was outside and getting thrashed and I tried to persuaded my friend who is a bit older than me to bring it in. She told me she has been trying to get rid of that old thing. I told her I would take it off her hands if her grandson who was living with her didn't want it. He didn't. And even said he would bring it over to my house (which my husband loved). I painted it yellow because it's a happy cheerful color. I love this piece. And even more because it's from my dear friend. I am always uplifted when I spend time with her.   


This gorgeous wall piece came from my husband's grandmother. She was a lover of all things gold leafed. I didn't think she would mind the color change but I took a photo so we could remember her and her style. She wasn't able to meet my kids in this life, but I am sure she is watching over them now. My mother in law was happy to pass it on to me. My husband was a bit bummed when I brought it home, but I know he loves having something of hers in our home.

I replaces some pictures of baby Gandalf to make room for the baby girl. I decided to make them black and white.  Below is an image from Baby girls 1st birthday shoot. Baby girl loves this picture of her kissing Grandma Tang's puppy. She loves dogs! When she sees this picture it makes her happy.

Baby girl with Grandma's puppy
Baby Girl's blessing day
I love this picture of baby girl's blessing day. I made her dress from the leftover material from my wedding dress. I was so happy to get a picture with my Grandmother, my mom, and my sister. Baby girl loves this picture because she loves these women in her life and she loves babies. She hasn't registered that it is her yet. 

Newborn shoot with Shari
I couldn't wait to get newborn shots of my baby girl. Shari was so patient with baby girl, who took forever to fall asleep. 



I love how clean and cheerful our place looks now. You can see it bare here.


Right in our entry way was the perfect place to put our Christmas cards. It's about time I take them down and put them in albums. I can't stand the idea of throwing away pictures. I love looking back on how my friends kids and my nieces and nephews have changed. I still need to put up a new family picture over my yellow dresser. For my Harry Potter closet makeover you can click here.


This frame use to be burgundy. I painted it white thanks to my friend Shari. She was so great when I texted her late at night to give me a second opinion on my layout. I love this saying "No empty chairs". I heard it while I was in my youth and it has really stuck with me. 

"God intended the family to be eternal. With all my soul, I testify to the truth of that declaration. May He bless us to strengthen our homes and the lives of each family member so that in due time we can report to our Heavenly Father in His celestial home that we are all there—father, mother, sister, brother, all who hold each other dear. Each chair is filled. We are all back home.”
The Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson (1988), 493

I love the idea of wanting every member of our family to be together in Heaven. And the idea that we are all in this together. I am trying to teach my children that my greatest desire is for us to be a family forever. That is why we have family prayers, read the scriptures, and honor the Sabbath day. Because I want to help bring my children unto Christ. I want them to become more converted, as I too need to continually strive to follow my Savior.

Each family prayer, each episode of family scripture study, and each family home evening is a brushstroke on the canvas of our souls. No one event may appear to be very impressive or memorable. But just as the yellow and gold and brown strokes of paint complement each other and produce an impressive masterpiece, so our consistency in doing seemingly small things can lead to significant spiritual results. 

I love this reminder for our family about what is most important on this earth. Our faith, our testimony, and our family. My children know how crucial it is they get married in the temple. We believe in eternal marriage and families. And when you are married in a temple you aren't married "till death do you part". You are married for time and all eternity. I know as we strive to improve our families and teach them from the scriptures our lives will be blessed. I know as we show our family they are important to us by our words and actions it will bring us closer together.


I love how cheerful and clean it looks here. You can see pictures of our home here before I hung up frames. I do need to get some storage boxes for the Ikea piece I scored for free on a Monday treasure hunt. It will be perfect for holding shoes. You can find a USA Map Tutorial here. Below you can see my chalkboard frame that I made from a garage sale find. I love reusing things and making them better. Right now we have a scripture that we are trying to memorize as a family. You can see the before for the frame here.



Thanks for checking out my new Gallery Wall! I love how a little spray paint and new pictures can make a place feel so new. Happy Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment