Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Platform 9 3/4

Our family LOVES Harry Potter. And usually I like to use the excuse of July 31st (Harry's Birthday) to make some yummy HP recipes. But since we moved into our new place in July it was kinda crazy. So I figured September 1st (The day the Hogwarts Express leaves for Hogwarts) was the next best thing.


I'm trying out lots of Harry Potter recipes because I have already told my children that all of them will have a Harry Potter Party when the turn 11. Like a rite of passage. I've even sent Hogwarts letters to my friends kids. Getting a letter is kind of a big deal. Luckily all of my children have seem to like Harry Potter so far. You can go here for the recipe. It makes cupcakes, but apparently I gave away my cupcake pans. The recipe has you insert some butterscotch ganache inside and I find a Walgreens baby syringe works perfectly. I've been meaning to make cake pops out of them, and make them into a snitch. Maybe next time.

To make the night even sweeter, my eldest son just finished reading The Prisoner of Askaban. Which meant we could watch the movie. We also have Harry  Potter Clue, which I love, and I don't think it has any spoilers.

And because September 1st happen to be on Monday, which is our weekly Family Night, we finally got to play Dunbledore or Deiter? My husband won (probably because I was the MC ;) but my sons really liked it. It was a great way to testify about an apostle and admire a wise man. It was a little tricky as my sons only have read the first couple books. But still a lot of fun. This recipe would make a great treat to go with it. The cake is yummy on it's own. Baby girl got one without the frosting or filling. And I put extra filling in a Kerr jar to use as an ice cream topping later.

All in all it was a great Labor Day. And we only have two more years till we get our letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment